Friday, February 25, 2011

Digital Portrait: Shea's Demonic Grin


For the digital portrait project I decided on using Mr.Shea as the face I would alter. First I made a black and white version of the picture I took of him. For the second portrait I wasn't to sure on what it was I wanted to do. After watching some photo shop videos on youtube I decided on giving him a demon like appearance. One the tools that I used for this was the Burn tool. I also used the Liquify tool that was under the filter list as Distort and the clone stamp. Using the liquify tool I took the corners of Shea's mouth and stretched them up towards his eyes to create a grin. Then using the burn tool I darkened his smile, eyes, face, clothes, hair and the background for a darker feel. Using the clone stamp I was able to make multiple copies of his front teeth to fill in his mouth. The title of the second portrait I attached to this post is "Shea's Demonic Grin".

1 comment:

  1. Lorrel, it is very impressive that you are surfing the internet to get tutorials and inspiration. That's the sign of a true independent-learner.

    A couple of things you could have commented on are did you crop the original image and did you ask him to make that facial expression?

    As I told you one-on-one, I personally feel your evil image is a bit over-the-top. I liked the more subtle version. By the way, if you post all the additional versions I can give you a level 4 under application for undertaking extension activities.

    ReplyDelete