Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 5


I've added two additional images of death to the image I've been working on. I am pleased with how its turned out. With this post I will display the original image, my adaptation of that image and an artistic filtered image. I hope you enjoy them. One of the things that I did to turn the first image in to the second was change the sky. I also had to take a picture of a moon, remove it from its sky land scape, find an additional image and remove it form its back ground and then place it over the moon. For the reaper sitting near the entrance of a cave I had found the reaper in a sitting pose and removed him from its original image as well a replace his scythe with one that I created from two images of the same scythe put back to back. For the skull and smoke I found an image of purple smoke and removed it from its white back ground. For the skull I had to erase the hood that was behind as well as remove its original eyes and replace them with new ones. The demon head was an image of a lit cigarette with the smoke forming the head itself. The two reapers on either side of the image were cut from their images and placed in the positions.

1 comment:

  1. Lorrel you have a very creative imagination and have done a good job of explaining the technical process. Next time talk a little bit about the meaning of the image. Give it a title such as "Death's Hideaway" to give the viewer an idea of what they're looking at. Is this about the many faces of Death? Is it about the barrenness of Death, the lack of life being represented by the desert? Spin a story to go with your image next time.

    Minor spelling listed on the rubric.

    ReplyDelete